Who wants a quick breakfast recipe? Everyone wants a recipe that is going to save them time. Let us make a recipe using eggs. There are so many ways to cook this high protein food. The egg sausage loaf is sure to satisfy your early morning hunger. There are a plethora of ways to top this loaf. Surely you will get through the week with this tasty dish. Lets dive into this quick egg sausage loaf recipe.
- First gather these items. Items needed are:
- 1 loaf pan
- 1 medium size skillet
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 7 whole eggs
- A half a pound of ground breakfast sausage (This item may be substituted. You may use: Turkey sausage, hamburger, bacon, and etc.)
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 a cup of spicy shredded cheese ( This item may be substituted. Some other examples are: Colby jack, cheddar cheese, and etc.)
- 2 tablespoons of dehydrated onions
- Oregano seasoning (This item may be substituted. You may season dish with spices of you liking.)
- Second- Spray skillet with olive oil spray. Make sure skillet is entirely coated with a thin layer. On top of stove place skillet on medium heat. Place a half pound of ground breakfast sausage in bottom of skillet. Cook for 10 minutes or until brown. Keep sausage crumbled during the browning process. While browning breakfast sausage, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Third- Place 7 eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix eggs until mixture is smooth. Add 2 tablespoons of dehydrated onions during the mixing process.
- Take a loaf pan and spray with olive oil spray. Ensure the entire pan is coated with olive oil spray. Breakfast sausage should be browned by the end of the mixing process. Place two thirds of the brown breakfast sausage at the bottom of the loaf pan. Remember to make sure the bottom of the loaf pan is completely covered with the breakfast sausage.
- Next- Add 1/4 cup of shredded cheese over the breakfast sausage. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese layer. Then sprinkle the rest of the breakfast sausage on top of the egg layer. The egg layer is thick so the breakfast sausage will stay on top. Sprinkle a pinch of cheese on top and place in oven. Let the egg sausage loaf cook for 25 minutes.
- Then- At the 25 minute mark, take the loaf out of the oven. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and add a few spices. I used oregano for this recipe. Place in oven for 5 more minutes.
- Finally- Remove and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes, slice and serve. Recipe makes 8 servings.
- (Optional)-You may place toppings of your liking on top of the egg sausage loaf (Examples are: Salsa, sour cream, avocado, and etc). Voila, your done!
*How do you quick prep your egg dish? Remember this quick egg sausage loaf can be modified to your liking. It takes 35 minutes to complete from prep to cook completion. Please share, subscribe via e-mail on the right, and leave a comment in the comment section below. As always, thanks for reading and subscribing!*